Coligny Beach Area Vacation Rentals
Hilton Head Island Vacation Rentals at Coligny Beach, SC
If you’re planning your first visit to Hilton Head Island for Vacation, or if you haven’t visited since Coligny Beach Park was re-designed, there are many reasons you must make Coligny Beach Area Vacation Rentals a stop on your Hilton Head Island getaway.
About the Area
South Forest Beach Vacation Rentals on Hilton Head Island, SC (South Carolina) is considered the most popular of “downtown areas”, if you want to consider HHI as having one, of the main island and is part of the Coligny Beach Area Vacation Rentals community. Situated on a one-mile stretch of beachfront that begins at Coligny Circle and ends at Sea Pines Plantation Resort Vacations, the area offers visitors a quiet place to enjoy their vacation, but still has close access to beachside barefoot cafes and the Forest Beach shopping, dining and live entertainment options.
Coligny Beach Vacation Rentals on Hilton Head Island are located at the end of Pope Avenue off Coligny Circle, and recently re-designed by the Town of Hilton Head Island, the beach park features fountains with synchronized jets. Your little ones will want to jump right in the fun—it’s the perfect way to rinse off the salty ocean water and cool down on a hot day. (Bring your cameras for this one!)
- The beautiful architecture is complimented with a gazebo with swings, rocking chairs and Adirondack chairs for those who want to sit back and take in the beautiful scenery and ocean breeze.
- Coligny Beach Park offers public parking, restrooms, outdoor showers, WI-FI, and is handicap-accessible with beach matting for those in wheelchairs.
- Coligny is a destination in itself! Within walking distance of the beach park, is Coligny Plaza which features shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Shore Beach Service offers beach rentals at Coligny Beach. You can order daily or weekly chair and umbrella rentals from their friendly lifeguards and even rent watersports equipment like body boards, aqua cycles, fun cycles, banana peels, kayaks, and sailboats. They accept cash, check, Visa, Master Card, and American Express at all their locations, and are open 7 days a week during the season (March-October) from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Hilton Head Island Vacations and Rentals are known for the very family friendly memories when it comes to swimming and beach play. Our 12 miles of hard packed beaches make it easy for biking, beach activities and using strollers.
- Coligny’s shallow waters (you have to go about 30 feet out to get above 3 feet of water) make it a safe place for kids to boogie board and swim in the surf.
- For the adults, there is the infamous Pool Bar Jim’s Bar and Restaurant & Tiki Hut at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. You can order up some delicious frozen concoctions while watching competitive beach volley ball.
- At low-tide, the Coligny Beach forms tidal pools where your little ones can wade and swim, explore for crabs, sand dollars, starfish and little minnows. It’s the perfect time to set up camp at the beach and build sandcastles. Just remember you can’t remove star fish or sand dollars from the beach!
Coligny Beach is the island’s most popular spot for Beach and Sun fun. Coligny Beach features showers, bathrooms, change room facilities as well as a water fountain area for kids. The beach is located in the heart of downtown Hilton Head Vacation Rentals and directly across the street from one of the Island’s major shopping areas, Coligny Plaza.
The Coligny Plaza, which divides North and South Forest Beach is the closest thing Hilton Head Island has to a downtown. Known as Hilton Head’s first shopping center, the plaza features over 50 retail and dining adventures. Once you’ve settled into your home or villa, a short walk or a quick drive to Coligny is as far as you need to go. Visit www.colignyplaza.com to make your shopping plans or to pick out a restaurant to enjoy.
The Breeze Shuttle Service – Free!!
A Couple Options to choose from:
- “The Breeze Trolley” – Read more here about this Island wide service
- A “tip only” open air golf cart service can take you home after shopping, about the neighborhood or to Piggly Wiggly, Pool Bar Jim’s, Big Bamboo Cafe and dozens more of other establishments around this shopping and dining district.